Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCMSN 642-812 Exam Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludoggg

MIS
Oct 25, 2002
US
About a month ago I just passed the CCNA and will continue with the CCNP track. I am taking the BCMSN exam first and wanted some advice what I should expect when I take it. Thanks a lot.

kumputirgeek, CHDP, CCNA, Network +

Hi,

I just passed my BCMSN with an 824. I used the following:

1. Official BCMSN course from Cisco via Thomson NetG
2. Hands-on Labs
3. Official BCMSN Cisco Press Study Guide
4. Official BCMSN Cisco Press Cert Guide
5. Test King Practice Exams

If you want an exact feel for the exam, I check the Cisco Cert community. The practice BCMSN test questions were identical to the actual exam. Overall, I would say the hands on labs were easy. Once you average above 85% on the practice exams and can run through the labs without assistance, you should be ready. I know I missed a few Spanning Tree questions, but did well on all other sections. BTW, make sure you manage your time. You can't mark an answer to return later on.

Good luck.

Rgds,

John

I passed with an 868 a couple months ago. I used the cisco press official cert guide, bryant advatange study guide + lab time, as well as cisco.com, ccnp prep center. the test questions were pretty well distributed among all the topics listed on cisco's web site.
good luck
-B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back