Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCMS Vu Report Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXKID

Programmer
Sep 8, 2002
CA
Hello all

I having a problem running Real Time Text reports on my BCMS Vu as a client (R2 V3.2 ). When trying to monitor my agents, it seems that I can bring up the report but there is no Data not even the Time and Date of the report. I have ran all the Data Base Repair Options and rebooted the system with no luck at all. I can bring these reports up and view them on the BCMS Sever itself, but not on my PC as a client. All Histroical Reports work fine ?
Any help would be appreciated.

Are you sure that the skills are being measured to give you the data? There is a section on the hunt page that asks if you want it internal/external or both... internal is bcms, external is cms, and both measures it both ways.

We experienced this problem in the past. I believe the fix is to look at the length of the name of your workstation. It can not be over 16 characters.

Jim

I have check the Hunt Grp and everything look good there (Internal). It seems there are two people who have access to BCMS Vu other than myself. It seems that one of those PC can run a Real Time Text to monitor all the agents, but for me and the other user we can not ? We can only run Historical Reports and no Real Time Reports.

As for the workstation name, my is only 12 characters long and the workstation that is working has 14 characters. This is a very strange problem ?

Have you recently changed your IP configurations, or Active Directory settings on the LAN...? The machine that it works on, is that the server as well?

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

All PC's have the same Image on them from what my Desktop Team is telling me. I'm working with my Desktop team and loaded the Client on one of their Laptops and still having the same problems. It seems there is only one PC that can do it, other than the BCMS Vu Server. And no IP or Active Directory changes have been made.

This is from Avaya:

In BCMSVu R2, why is there no data in my real time reports?

No Data In Real-Time Reports

SYMPTOMS

BCMSVu R2 Client computer: User receives no error messages from the BCMS Client application that real-time reports is not working properly. The user can open a real-time report wizard and step thru the report setup with no problems. Then the report simply displays a blank form with "no data".

BCMSVu R2 Server computer: The System Configuration display shows the remote client connected for about 20 to 30 seconds. Then the connected client disappears from the display. This time interval is so short; someone must be watching the System Configuration display when the remote client first connects to the BCMS Server.

SOLUTIONS

This problem is caused by a failure of the BCMS Server computer's TCP/IP networking to resolve the remote client computer name to its assigned ip-address, while attempting to establish a one-way data stream of real-time data from the BCMS Server computer to the BCMS Client computer.

The BCMS Server computer may not be configured with WINS and DNS. Or, DNS and WINS are not resolving the remote client computer name passed to the BCMS server application by the NT4 OS, back to assigned ip-address for some reason. Use the following step-by-step procedure to resolve this problem.

Step #1

Compare the remote client computer name displayed in System configuration at the BCMS Server to the computer name data at the remote client under its Network Properties - Identification Tab. This data must be the same. Connected Client information in System Configuration at BCMS Server: computername\\username

Examples of Connected Clients in System Configuration:

co7030mjp2.avaya.com\\mprimeaux
co7030mjp2\\mprimeaux

Step #2

If the remote client computer name is displayed in System Configuration at the BCMS Server as a fully qualified name (i.e., co7030mjp2.avaya.com\\mprimeaux) then go to a DOS prompt and ping test the fully qualified name. Example: ping co7030mjp2.lucent.com Typically, this ping test fails with Bad IP Address Error.

Solution A

On the BCMS server computer, edit the HOSTS file in the directory c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc. Add an entry for the remote client computer with this problem. Use the following format.

Example: 198.154.200.101 co7030mjp2.avaya.com co7030mjp2

Solution B

In customer networks with DNS and WINS services running on NT4 Servers, these services can be integrated for alternative queries from DNS to WINS to resolve these fully qualified names. This small procedure must be done by the customer's network administrator. Otherwise, Solution A must be used.

Step #3

If the remote client computer name is displayed in System Configuration at the BCMS Server as a simple computer name (i.e., co7030mjp2\\mprimeaux) then go to a DOS prompt and ping test to the computer name.

Example: ping co7030mjp2 Typically, this ping test fails with Bad IP Address Error.

In customer networks without WINS services running on NT4 Server, use Solution A above.

In customer networks with WINS services running on NT4 Servers, Step #3 ping test should not be failing. If the computer name is displayed in System Configuration with a hyphen character, co7030-mjp2, go to the remote client computer and open the Network Properties - Identification Tab. If the computer name has an underscore character, co7030_mjp2, where the hyphen displayed in System Configuration, this is your problem. Remove the underscore character or change it to a hyphen to correct this problem. This problem shows up intermittently on NT4 Server platforms with Service Pack 4 or 5. This problem has not been observed using NT4 Service Pack 3.

Numeric data for computer names, (i.e., 60124), will also fail computer name to ip-address resolution and a ping test. Example: ping 60124 As a rule, computer names should have a least one alpha character, no underscore or space characters, and limit maximum length to 14 characters total to avoid most Microsoft computer naming problems.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back