Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCMS Setup via IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

garciael

Technical User
Sep 19, 2006
US
Hello All, I'm trying to get BCMS Server running via IP (CLAN) instead of the Data Module. I have installed BCMS Server but it asks me to connect via parralel port to get the hardware key. G3siV11 with BCMS R2. I can provide more information if needed. Thanks!

You need to have the software key...The dongle plugged into the paral1el printer port before the sofware will work.

gblucas

You will have to upgrade your BCMS Vu to a newer version that supports C-LAN connectivity.

Kevin

avaya said they can only replace the hw key if it were broken o damaged, but when its lost/stolen the customer has to buy a new key. i put a call to my vendor about this
thanks to all of your replys!

OK, I'm going to solve my lost hardware key by consolidating/combiming my hardware key that came with our communications system from an old/closed site. Thanks for your help everyone!

we have the problem that my customer wants to upgrade to a usb dongle for bcms and avaya is asking 2300euros for 10 supervisor licenses. Therefore we tried to install a parallel pci bus card in a HP360 server. The problem is that parallel ports on a pci bus use higher memory hardware allocation than the conventional isa bus does. Therefore i am running a ticket at avaya now. Hopefully my customer will not be forced to buy the new dongle. I think that if you are running bcms without a dongle you only can configure a datamodule and no tcp/ip

Been there with using a PCI based Parallel card for the hardware key. Unfortunately as this card will not have right IRQs or hardware addresses, the security software in BCMSVu cannot see it. So only a motherboard based parallel port will work. As for note usinf the server without the dongle, it will come up in demo mode only.

"Been there, done that and got the teeshirt

Just in passing ,I thoughtyou couldnt use a parallel port type dongle with the newer s/ware level of BCMSvu and to run it over the clan a newer version would be required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back