Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCMS REPLACEMENT???

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyboy58

Technical User
Jul 6, 2005
US
I'm looking for a replacement app to provide similar services as BCMS. We are having constant issues with the Historial DB failing AND unable to see real-time stats once we move away from the same sub-net as the server..
We like a product that works... it can't be that hard..
We've paid for 4 visits from vendor and reloaded software 7 times.. something is wrong...
Any suggestions????

try N-focus

it can be found at we are currently using it at 2 sites and I think it works much better then BCMS.

José

Please let me know if this was helpful

The BCMS product has a HUGE dependancy on Microsoft borwser services. DNS and the Browse Master, when it works, are required to connect with the server. Make a manual entry in the hosts file. This will fix a great of the connectivity problems. There is a list of things to do on the Avaya site.

This link has most of the toruble shooting material Avaya uses to assist users. Your symptoms point me to your browse master and dns issues. Make the manual entry in the hosts file and it should help out alot.

Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back