Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bcms basic on pbx

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaahvaya

MIS
Aug 20, 2004
CA
Hi,

does anyone know how to export this to a pc via a serial or any other method. This pbx is rather old g3siv6 and does not support a c-lan card. As i understand if the pbx dies for whatever reason all data will be lost. This already happened to me and I am looking for a way to export the data however frequently I can. I only have the bcms basic for the switch - not the deluxe one. Thanks for the help.

when you have inads login , you can use command upload translation to save backup to pc .

hope can help you

Ah they will probably charge me each time and I want to be doing this on at least a daily basis. Is there any way to export this via a serial port or something ? thanks.

aaahvaya,

I'm assuming that you have BCMS marked yes under the "display system-related customer-options" field. If yes and if you're concerned about keeping BCMS data outside the PBX then you really need to install the BCMR software (a seperate application) on a PC and it will stay connected to the PBX and pull the BCMS data.

Another option would be to set-up a PC using the Site Administration (DSA or ASA) software and schedule an ourly report to poll the BCMS data you're concened about keeping. This will give you txt files of the data vs. BCMR that keeps the data and displays it in pre-formatted reports.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, WHCARon

Hi aaahvaya
Take a look at the attached link - it describes the same
question I asked few month ago.
We currently have a simple program in VB that take the data from the CDR report parse it and enter it to a database.

Eliav

Hi Eliav,

thanks for the reply I will have a look at your link and get back to you. THanks again.

Ok, let me hope i have this straight, its been a long time since I've done it. You can have it dump to a system printer on a regular basis. You need to define a system printer in sys par features (must be a serial printer - probably on Page 4 in your rls). You then need to set up the report scheduler (cha report-scheduler X). That can be a mite confusing if you've never done it. I suppose you could hook a PC to the system printer port & use a program like Procomm to capture the data. I think I remember the last switch I did this to, I'll dial in & take a look & see if I can do a screen dump. Email me at the address below.

Paul Beddows

Consulting, Avaya/EAS implementation, Training
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail use form on website at

Ok, I dialed into a switch & made a few pdf's up of the screens. Email me if you want them. Basically to set up the schedule you use "list bcms <desired parameters> scheduled. The schedule screen will appear, you change immediate to "scheduled" & then enter the desired times, you want the information to dump. You can use the "change report scheduler" command to modify it. The switch will auto assign a shedule number. You can see them all after by using the List report command.

Paul Beddows

Consulting, Avaya/EAS implementation, Training
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail use form on website at

You are running the exact same version we are running on our definity. You can schedule reports to print but it only holds the information for 24 hours and 7 days. If you get the cdr figured out, I'd love to see how you accomplished it.

Elvia
PSC

For what it's worth--it is related; we have the same version/Definity and had to manually extract data or lose it forever. You might consider a non-Avaya product that we've installed that has saved my techs and me dozens of hours on manual tasks per week. Once set up (and that part is quite simple) it's automatic and has unlimited storage capability.
My two cents--I know this is promoting a vendor's product, but it was on this forum from a post of someone else that I found out about this product; I've been 20+ years in call center management, didn't know these guys existed

AD

Don't mind you asking at all; it was not expensive at all -- in fact, just on the time savings basis alone, it pays us back every month

AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back