Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BcmAmp and voicemail remote access on BCM50 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

canflyguy

Technical User
Jul 25, 2018
CA
Is there a way to upload audio files and set up the music manager remotely? Also to upload audio files to the Voicemail for utilizing in the Call Center app? I know how to upload the files while onsite, but wondered if it could be done/accessed remotely? What ports are required if so for either the BcmAmp or the CallPilot? Alternatively, I guess you could use Teamviewer or QuickAssist on windows10 to get to the machine if there's not a more direct or easier route?

All programming can be done remotely
Port 443 for web programs
Port 5989 for BEM

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

So 443 TCP or UDP? That covers access to both the voicemail and the music manager program?

Thanks on the 443 port. That worked for the BCMAmp program, but seems to me that voicemail was a different port and it conflicts with ports normally used for router access?? Am I right? I couldn't get into the voicemail either through element manager (remote) or by typing in the remote IP address\CallPilotManager?

Web ports can be 80, 8080 (basic web) or 443 (Secure tls/ssl)

Basic routers would normally use 80 or 8080 but some can use 443 too.

Sometimes the website does not auto forward... try http and https.

If 443 is being used for say the NAS server for cameras then in the router you would use "Port Triggering" option.
In that option would tell the External port to use something like 8443 and the Internal Port to be 443 which is what the BCM uses too, and is pointed/forwarded to the BCM's IP
When Port Triggering is used then you would use :8443 on the end of the address:

"I couldn't get into the voicemail either through element manager (remote)"
I do not understand what that means.
Did you mean via the Callpilot Launcher with Element Manager?
Or that you cannot connect to Element Manager?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I ended up being able to use the BCMAMP program with no problems after forwarding the 443, which was great. I couldn't access the voicemail by putting publicip\CallPilotManager or accessing it through element manager which works fine as 5989 is also port forwarded. The other funny thing I found was that the recording that were supplied by the customer to upload were in 64kbs format which although was acceptable to the Music Manager, would not upload to the Contact Center greetings as I knew that the BCM is limited to 8k mono wav files.

Which browser?
You did not indicate any error or what your seeing.

There maybe a link further down the page to continue or more info then proceed etc.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back