Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50R6 voip trunk calls drop after 90 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

koulioumbis

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2009
GR
Hello Team Members.
i face an issue with 2 BCM50R6 systems connected via Voip trunks. the calls on one system drop after 90 seconds. It looks like SIP ALG , but can i touch anything on BCM systems or it is the data network?
the scenario is BCM50R6 with analog users talk to BCM50R6 over VOIP TRUNK ( BCM point to point routing) to other analog users connected to other side.

thank you.

Nikos

Data network is my guess. Sonicwall?

I am checking with IT and network guys.
Nikos

It looks like SIP ALG"
You said Voip Trunks, did you mean SIP?

If so then then yes disable SIP ALG but on the BCM look at the VAD settings,change it and test.
Also..
Look at RTP Keep Alive
Check Monitor and observe
Check SIP carrier

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

David setup has been up and running for years. No change to the configuration on BCM side.
The trunk is H323 between 2 BCM50R6 and no SIP provider is involved.
The issue occurs only when users from site A call user on site be , line drops after 90 seconds, when users from site B call users site A calls do not drop.

regards
Nikos

Hello Nikos

I'm certain that it is Network related and nothing to do with the BCM systems. Yoi could try (if possible) to use another spare BCM system with the configuration loaded in to see if the fault stops.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Reading my mind David, i will prepare a spare system restoring the backup and send onsite.
An update on this i asked the customer not to answer the phone so i was ringing from Site A to Site B and the call dropped on 1,31 exactly same behaviour as active calls.
Same users if call the opposite they talk until they decide to hung up.

Nikos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back