Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50R2 - Alarm - Physical Memory at or Near Capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandster

Programmer
Jun 28, 2006
GB
Folks, I have this error in my alarm log periodically. It looks like the box is running low on resources. I have never seen memory upgrades for the BCM50 on sale. What is the Maximum memory that the box can handle and is it readily available. Can I buy standard memory from crucial.com or somewhere similar.

I have also started receiving this error. Have 20 odd BCM50 1.0 & two BCM50 2.0. Alarm is only on 2.0.
CPU usage on both machines were at times reaching 100% which matched up when these alarms were generated. Any ideas?

I just reboot the box periodically. Dont really know why it is happening. I am missing a few of the latest patches so maybe they would help. Dont know if the box can take more memory but will investigate with my supplier.

Make sure you report this to your vendor so they can report it to Nortel. If there's a memory leak in the software then they should know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back