Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50b

Status
Not open for further replies.

teltech317

Programmer
May 24, 2006
GB
I've got a number of the above systems. They are the ones that have 2 ISDN2 ports in the front. Has anyone managed to remove the ISDN2 circuitry and get analogue lines to work on them? I've so far tried it with one. I took out the daughterboard behind the ISDN2 ports. The system went through the boot up sequence but just before it finally loaded it went back to the start. Does anyone know if it is possible to get one of these working with anaolgue lines?

I'm at war with myself on this, somehow I think if the BRI code is removed then it might work, otherwise you would need an expansion keycode to use the exp cabinet with GATMX

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks curlycord. I'm pretty sure I've put an analogue licence onto a BRI system in the past but it didn't work. I've spoken to firebirdscrambler who I think you know and he reckons the motherboards are a different build! He says if you run the correct Zoc script([root@bcmm50r3 etc]# cat /proc/nn/boardtype) it comes up with a 2 for BRI and 1 for a standard board.

I'll try it again with the daugtherboard removed just in case it does work but otherwise I've got 8 systmes that are scrap!!!

Thanks ipohead there's some useful sfuff in there, thanks for the info.

Curlycord - GATMs are quite difficult to get in the UK now, but that would work if I could find them, thanks for the thought.

I mistakenly bought a BCM50b from eBay a few years ago. I ended up swapping it with the one I had in service for my office as it was only using SIP trunks, no analog.

You may want to look into porting the analog trunks over to SIP trunks. Otherwise you'll need an expansion with an MBM (GATM4, GATM8, 4x16 or 8x16) to use analog trunks.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Hi exmogger, thanks for your post. We used to have a BCM50 in our office with SIP trunks but my need now is because I sell quite a few BCM50s to a company that needs them to have analogue trunks licenced on the systems. I could go down the path of using an expansion chassis and GTAM but that puts the cost up and GATMs are quite difficult to get hold of now in the UK.

GATMs seem readily available from the USA on a popular auction site and if you look around shipping can be reasonable.

I guess ISDN trunks were more popular in the UK in the SME market.

ISDN2 were popular in the UK for the SME market. As with elsewhere, its becoming less and less with the migration to SIP and this leads to Hosted solutions for most customers in the SME to enterprise market as its being forced on them.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back