Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 with Avaya 16xx phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AShammah

Vendor
Sep 7, 2023
US
Hi all,

I have a few Avaya 1616-i Phones laying around I was wondering if they would connect to the BCM h.323 or SIP.

Thanks
Al

AFAIK BCM uses UNISTIM for IP Phones although SIP was possible in very late releases but not supported.

SIP support Note the Avaya E129 mentioned is a badged Grandstream and different from real Avaya phone.

Avaya IP phones are really designed to work with their own kit and although there are ways around these it is hard work! Better to get some refurbished Nortel phones ...

Looks like you can use them with SIP trunks direct to a carrier if you have the correct firmware for SIP.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

1600 phones are h.323 phones only. They only work on the real Avaya systems not the ones where someone put an Avaya sticker on.
The BCM is a Nortel system and Avaya and Nortel purposely made their products to only fit their systems and not the competitions.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Only asking because I saw this line in system resources. I thought I can could get a couple to work for nostalgic Merlin tones on my bcm lab system [upsidedown]lol
I'm doing an ip500 this week the customer has a bunch of partner phones i'll through in some NIB 1616's hahaha

Screenshot_2023-10-28_213854_bsl1iu.png

SIP sets was in the works, most likely for a future R7 but Avaya stopped it along with any other possible features when they took over.

While you cannot have sets with the BCM features you can register SIP sub accounts with the carrier to make, receive and transfer calls to other sub accounts.
You can call accounts using just the DN's instead of having a DID for each one if they are all registered to the same server.

With my carrier (Voip.MS) I have SIP X101 for my main line and a sub account X102 for my mobile (GS Wave app),
I use the FM/FM feature on my main phone (service dept) on the BCM to call X92102 (92 is my dest code for SIP trunk).

In your carriers programming you could have both your accounts ring with the main DID but since I am full AA I use FM/FM instead.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back