Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 with 32 ip phones, two phone don't seem to connect, getting error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trebor18

MIS
Apr 3, 2014
US
I have a client with a BCM50 with the latest software and we have 32 ip phones working.This morning 2 ip phones stop working and I am getting an error message of :Cannot Identify Switch". I have tried to change the IP address but no luck, error message is "server unreachable".
Any suggestions of fixing this problem?
Thanks

Robert

I have tried to change the IP address but no luck. Which IP address?

If the phones suddenly stopped working. Did someone change the settings in the phones? If not replace the phones.

Marv ccna

I would swap over the twp faulty phones with ones that are working to see if the problem is on the phones or via an issue with the IP network. I recently had a problem where one of my 1140e IP sets kept saying "Unplugged" even though I was connected via a Netgear POE. I had just swapped over two POE switches and eventually found that I had caused the problem by having a cable from one POE going to another POE.

I had to revert back to moving the cables so that the connections went via a route using non POE ports that didn't cause the problem.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Sounds like a network issue if it cannot find the server (BCM)

Will a laptop work on those 2 works station patch cords or at the switch?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back