Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Wiring CLoset

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmpCableGuy

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2006
CA
Hello! I've received some incorrect information from my client regarding the type of telephone system they will be installing. It turns out that they want to install a Nortel BCM50 phone system. Wonderful. My questions are:

What goes in the wiring closet? Bix 66, 100 or 10A? Does anyone have the actual PDF from Nortel that provides any technical documentation regarding this?

Any help in this respect would be greatly appreciated.

Too, I received a number of replies to the first question I posted, and I wandted to say thanks lots for the help.

This site is a most excellent spot for information and help.

You guys are great!

AmpCableGuy

The outputs of the BCM will be a 25 pair amphenol cable. You should probably use a 110 block to punch down the house pairs, and the BCM will install their blocks and cross connect to yours.

You won't find Nortel documentation on house cabling. Each location and each customer is different.

I just take the 25pr ends and terminate to a patch panel for all my sites.

There is a very nice wiring breakout block availible from Nortel. It plugs into the amphenol and provides labled RJ's for all trunks and stations.

You only use the 1st 16 pairs on each cable for stations and the 1st 8 pairs for trunk CTM8 Module's.

Ace,

Unless you're using the main module. There is a, lets call it "unique," way of terminating the main module on a patch panel unless you purchase the Nortel NTAT0103 BCM50 RACK MOUNT PATCH PANEL.

The main cabinet wiring chart:
Pair 1-4: CO 61-64
Pair 5-8: Analog Extension 233-236
Pair 9: NOTHING, useless, nada, blank...
Pair 10: Aux ringer
Pair 11: Page relay
Pair 12: Page Output
Pari 13: MOH
Pair 14-25: Digital Extension 232-221 (Yes, it's backwards)

You will have to skip the 9th pair if you want to terminate this on your own 24 port patch panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back