Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50- Will changing a current MBM wipe out programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnctechdotcom

Technical User
Jan 9, 2007
US
Have a tricky situation on a BCM50. Went to a site yesterday to simply add a line. Noticed that they have two expansion modules with an 8x16 Combo in each. The first expansion module is incorrectly programmed/selected as a "4x16", thus cancelling out those 2nd block of 4 lines. Here is how the BUS'es line up currently:

"Incorrect" 4x16
**Lines are 1.1
**Sets are 1.2

"Correct" 8x16
**Lines are 2.1 (first bank of 4)
**Lines are 2.2 (second bank of 4)
**Sets are 2.3

If I change the first expansion to an 8x16, will it change any programming on my lines or sets on that module? Normally I wouldn't care, but this system is shared by three different companies with a whole bunch of scattered Hunt Group and Ans DN programming and I really don't want to document all of that and put it back. Plus the customer is kind of picky of any service interruption. Will programming be affected when I change this? Following that same logic would imply that when I zap this into an 8x16, it will then keep 1.1 for the first four lines, convert the 2nd four lines to 1.2, and build a new 1.3 for the stations. Will going from 1.2 to 1.3 for the stations change my extensions?

Yes, much of the programming will be cleared as you will need to deconfigure the modules as they are currently programmed before configuring them correctly. If you wanted to try it for yourself though, just do a complete backup first and you can restore that backup later. I believe it will be time wasted to even try it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back