Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Voice Mail Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCM50 Help Me

Vendor
Jul 19, 2021
US
I am reusing a BCM50 phone system from the previous tenant and I can't seem to get the old voice mail message deleted.
Here is what I have done so far:
* Went into Element Manager & unchecked all "VM Box" of every DN
* Went into CallPilot & deleted all mailboxes except "General_Delivery,MB" & "System_Manager,MB"

After 20 minutes, I called the number again and it went to the same recorded voicemail greeting from the previous tenant.
Any ideas on what else to do?

Thanks!

Are you sure it's a mailbox greeting and not AA or CCR greeting?

Mailbox greeting will allow you to leave a message if using Prime greeting in the users settings (F981)
If the mailbox is set to use the Alt Greet with "leave messages" turned off then you will first hear a special tone then get kicked back to the AA or CCCR greeting.

AA/CCR places

AA greetings:
-In Calllpilot under Lines verify which Table is being used
-Under Table X, look at the AA Menu Prompt to see if a greeting is recorded
-Under Table X, look at Morn, Aft, Night, Non-Bus and note what number the greetings are set too.
-Under AA Greetings check the number/s of the greeting/s you noted

CCR:
-Check Path/Node 0 and see if anything was recorded (given a Tree was built)

As you are a Vendor, it's good practice to wipe out programming.
In BEMn Admin/BackupRestore/Restore from the drop down menu choose Restore from Factory Default, then when the box pops up choose only Callpilot and uncheck the rest.

The guides are all located on the BCM via the browser and IP of BCM.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks CurlyCord,
I found the recorded message in the CCR and deleted but for some reason the phones ring twice and I get this recording:

"The person you have called is not available, using the dialpad enter the extension you wish to call. If you wish to speak to reach the operator press zero....exiting the system, goodbye"

If I do the factory reset you mentioned on the CallPilot, will that just eliminate all of this and let it ring until somebody answers or they hang up?
I apologize for not following "good practice". I'm not really a vendor but the list I had to choose from didn't have a title that fit me.
I'm just trying to help a local restaurant that is trying to reopen since being shutdown because of COVID. Not getting paid, just trying to help them out so they can keep people working and pay their bills.

The new greeting you hear is the AA Menu Prompt which is found in Table X (first option).
You can disable that.

If you do not want Auto Attendant to answer period then go to AA/Lines and tell AA not to answer.

Restore from: Factory Default will erase all programming for Callpilot, given you check only Callpilot.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I reset the Call Pilot and now the system will ring two times and hang up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back