Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Transfer on busy 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorge99

Systems Engineer
Dec 6, 2022
US
i have a BCM50 (9.0.1.30.572) with two lines, 61 and 62.
When either line is called and nobody answers they are correctly forwarded to 334 (the voice mail)

What is not working is when some is using line 61 and an incoming call is received on 61 it instantly goes to a message saying the voicemail is not accepting messages.
Same behavior when line 62 is busy and someone calls line 62.

using Bus Elem Manger i set 334 on the Fwd Busy But it seems to not have an effect whether its 334 or blank. It goes straight to an unsetup voicemail.

What i want is the incoming call on line 61 (when it is in use) to go to line 62

any suggestions?

Your lines were not ordered correctly.
Rollovers/Equiv groups are controlled by the Line Carrier and not the PBX.

"the voicemail is not accepting messages"
That is probably "Call Answer" which is a single mailbox provided by the carrier and often part of a line package.

Call your carrier and have your line 1 roll to line 2 and have them remove their mailbox (or 2 mailboxes?) since it interferes with yours.
But note:
-If 2 lines are busy they will get a busy signal since there is no path into the building to your BCM voicemail.
-If you need it to go to Call Answer then you will need to monitor that one as well.

If the 2 lines are tied up a lot then order a 3rd.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Oh man i never thought it would be a carrier voicemail. These issues seemed to start when we switched to spectrum phones.

Thanks for the help man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back