Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 to IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

koulioumbis

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2009
GR
Hello team.
I have configured a BCM50 to have remote workers around using the remote worker feature and the BCM50 is connected to IPO version 7.0 via FXS-FXO connection that works fine. My issue is that i am running out of FXS-FXO ports on both systems as i have 20 remote users on bcm and 8 FXS-FXO connected to IPO.
Any idea what would be the setup if i go with ISDN PRI and link the 2 systems with 30 voice channels?
I cannot go with SIP trunks as there is no direct IP connectivity between 2 systems. If PRI will not work then adding a 16 phone module on ipo and 2 x gatm on bcm will be my last option.

Thanks

Nikos

What release software on the BCM?
Do both sites have Internet?
How are the systems connected now? the path/hardware in between that links to the FX ports?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

You will need licensing for PRI Channels on a v7.0 (old) Ip office. I suspect that might be an issue from an Avaya licensing standpoint.

team i have 22 + 8 PRI channels on IPO500 R7. I have PRI30 on BCM50 the direct cable connection i suspect will be standard ISDN PRI.

regards

Nikos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back