Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 SIP Trunk Capacites 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDayton

Technical User
Dec 29, 2009
US
What are the maximum number of SIP licenses you can have in a BCM50 6.0? How many call paths per trunk? I've looked everywhere I could and couldn't find the answers. Avaya does not make it easy.

You can get up to 12 licenses that allow you to use 12 channels (i.e., the maximum is 12 concurrent SIP trunk calls).

Note in case you are wondering when getting licenses the differences between the two are that Voip Gateway Trunk licenses do both Voip Trunk and SIP Trunks where SIP trunk licenses do only SIP Trunks.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

A minor correction - VoIP Gateway Trunk licenses allow you to use the H.323 or SIP protocol, the SIP Trunk licenses (less expensive) allow you to use SIP only.

That's more technical....not a correction, nothing wrong with what I said since H.323 is a Voip Trunk.
Actually they are both voip trunks just 2 different protocols.
So much for keeping it simple. : )

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks guys, That's what I thought but damned if I could find any documentation on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back