Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Root Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

pabx1121

Programmer
Oct 16, 2013
IE
Thanks in advance...anyone know the root/linux folders of a BCM50 really well. Looking to find 2 files to make changes. What file and where would the tone settings relating to a country be located in. Also where is the lic file for licences located. I believe i would need to stop a service before making changes then restart after. How is this done. thanks in advance for help

Assuming that you know how to get into the BCM at Linux level, then key in cd /nn/etc. Then search for the licensefile.txt file as this contains the systems keycode. older keycodes, if they exist usually have a "1" or "2" etc at the end such as licensefile.txt1.
One release 5.0 onwards, you would need to use the command processcontrol restart cfsserver in order to update the keycode. Older BCM versions require a system restart.

I'm not sure where the tome data is kept.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Nobody has ever found those tones and if you did you would not be able to edit them.
If your system is playing the wrong tones then change the region to where you are.

To add about the lic file you cannot just make changes to it or you will get invalid lic file.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thank you folks for your reply's. To access the Linux folders for BCM 50 I use a prog called WINSCP which allows you to click into each folder. I login under nnsupport. Then to enter commands I use putty. In order to modify anything I was advised to stop the service before amending the file then restart service. Is nnsupport the best level of access. Still some files i can not access such as The control file '/etc/monitrc' must be owned by you which is what i am getting when trying to restart.

Yes Curlycord your right about trying to change the lic file. It wont let you change it cause of the signatures the system reads each time a new lic is uploaded etc. I believe one needs to break cfsserver before being allowing to do that. I basically have a BCM50 which is no longer supported and obviously adding keycodes being an issue as a result.

I do have the correct region set for the tones but just thought that there would have been a file somewhere that contained the info on frequency and pitch of the tones which I wanted to amend. Why do I want to do that??? suppose I like to customize these things to my liking where possible lol

cheers again guys

I uae a program called ZOC to access any BCM system as I can run a few scripts to make life easier. One of my colleagues devised a useful tool to add in onto the BCM called "nano". Once installed, you can easily edit any file such as the licensefile.txt one and make any changes. Once done, you can run the command to restart that feature.

We can't go into great detail here for good reasons, but hopefully you will appreciate and respect our concerns.

With regards to the tones, the only way I think they can be chaanged is if you factory reset the unit and select a different region or country etc as I once came across a BCM with odd tones and also modules that weren't ones we normally see in the UK and after much head scratching, we found that the country type was wrong as it was set to N/A.

We had to default it again and change it to the UK setting.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Firebird, I agree with exsmogger. Vi is more than a bit frustrating to use unless you use it every day.

Even though it is a program available on the BCM you wouldn't happen to have a copy of nano available for us would you?

Thank you guys. So does Nano override the restrictions that cfsserver has in place in relation to changing files or will there still be restricted areas of the bcm via Linux

Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back