Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Remote I2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

dna617

IS-IT--Management
Oct 18, 2008
US
I have added an I2004 on my desk remote from the BCM50 R1.0. It has a normal display and is registered when I look at active sets. I cannot draw dialtone when I go offhook intercom or lines or when lines ring I have no audible. All visual symbols are intact and I get the beep tone when a call goes to VM. I am running on a dsl connection here which is giving me the IP address for this set. All settings are per docs, and system is currently patched.

I would check the VPN device and/or the firewall to make sure the ports are all open and you can ping to and from the phone. Could be an ACL issue restricting traffic.

The nortel Ip phones have to go through a VPN to the BCM 50 if you connect an IP2004 behind a NAT to a pubic internet ip of a BCM 50 you will get this problem the signalling works but voice will not

Its because the ip 2004 reports its internal ip address to the BCM50 but the BCM50 sends its signalling to the IP address its connected from ie the internet side of the Nat router and the voice to the registered ip..

If its not broke tweak it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back