Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bcm50 R6 no ports left on a remote I2050

Status
Not open for further replies.

gberger

Technical User
Mar 2, 2004
CA
As i recall the "No Ports Left" message was indicating that there was not enough IP Licenses in a system but in this case i have 32 IP client seat and the NAT Traversal license installed for this remote I2050 softphone.

I attached the ports i forwarded in my router.
Any clues someone?

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ac2142ee-e984-45a9-be89-24fabc45b5e5&file=PortForwardSIP_Bcm50.png
To cut down on ports...
You typically do not need to forward 5060 for SIP, you may get hit with ton's of Phantom SIP calls which fill create huge logs.
I2050 can use 30000 range too, 50000 would be if you needed more ports (remote users).

If you are not using STUN server then check what your Public IP is, it may have changed.
In that case put the new IP in IPsubsystem/Public Network.
If STUN is used then check alarms.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

It's more likely due to the number of sets that have previously been registered and that the "keep alive" box was ticked which works fine whilst the IP phone is active but it still remains as a current extension when it's no longer active. This was a pain when a number of 2050 softphones were configured on laptops that stopped using the softphone.

It's best to unassign any phone in the status section and wait to see who complains.

A better way is to look in BCM monitor as it will tell you if the IP phone has connected since the BCM was last rebooted.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thank you Curlycord and Firebird Scrambler,

The published IP is the right one under IPsubsystem/Public Network/provisionned Public Adress
The Nat Traversal license is active.
This new Bcm50 is in my lab and the I2050 used to work before on a previous Bcm50.
What i find strange is that when i am connected locally the I2050 works fine(it registers with the local ip adress in the server settings of the i2050) but when i am remote and assign the Public Ip Adress in ther server settingsi get the message "No ports left"... i am puzzled!

As long as your router has ports 7000-7002 forwarded onto your BCM and also the media ports enabled, then it's probably the customers own router that is blocking the receiving ports.

The easiest way is to try and connect a set yourself from another remote destination.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

My bad...after re-checking all my configuration i saw what i missed the first time "Support Remote Worker" was unchecked.
I was sure i checked that but it was not the case apparently.
Thanks for your help everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back