Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 r6 memory leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdesmarais

Technical User
Feb 13, 2012
CA
Hi all!

I search trough the forum for answer to my question but havent found anything so far.
I have a problem with my BCM50 r6 box. Call Pilot manager with about 20 VM, a skillset with about 20 agents (no more than 6 in the same time) and recently installed Reporting for call center and activated Professionnal call recorder for 4 DNs (about a hundred calls per day, no more than 5-10 min per call).

After a couple of days, the system become unstable and confused. I have to reboot for it to work correctly. After a reboot it's ok for a couple of days (10 or 15 days). The alarms show a lot of "Out of memory" errors 1 day before it's becoming unstable.

I'm monitoring the memory with BCM monitor, and what i see is a use of 49% (of 250mb) right after a reboot. This ratio is increasing everyday. For instance, i rebooted last thursday (24th) and the memory usage went from 49% to 59% today. Everyday it's climbing point by point.

All the last patchs and updates are installed (the last one is BCM r6- 015.201211-1)
I applyed this last update last week in reaction of this problem that i noticed 2 or 3 weeks ago, and it seems that nothing changed.

Someone know if my problem might be due to a memory leak? Or a feature in the system that fills the memory without purging it? Might it comes from the Professional Call recorder? Because i got some alarm telling me that 3 or 4 calls could not be recorded every days, due to a lack of resources... Might it comes from Call Detail recording? I'm stuck, and i dont want to reboot the system every week.
If someone can give a tip where to look it would be appreciated!

Thanks much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back