Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 R2 Disable Call Detail Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendelspanswick

Programmer
Jul 1, 2010
GB
Any idea how to disable the CDR, as when we do backups it can take up to 25 minutes, most of the time seems to be spent on "Call Detail Recording: Compressing". Some sites are faster than others but the majority of the time taken to backup seems to be the CDR which our customers don't use.
Cheers
John

Have you tried turning it off then on again!

Hello John

I didn't think it was possible to reduce the CDR data in the backup file. What I have noticed is that some systems will retain all the CDR data and some sites seem to have lost part of their CDR data.

It all depends on the amount of call traffic. Some of my BCM 400 customers who have RCC have backups in excess of 200 megs, yet most are around 80 megs.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Aside form disabling in service, yes change after every reboot can be a pain.

I also dont see a way of disabling but rather ways of not reporting all.

i.e. go to Telephony/CallDetailReporting
Change items like:
-Report Filter to Account code if not using account codes
-Prefix, change prefixes like from 1 to 11 or 91 to 910
-Minimum call duration, make it 28800 seconds

Under contents disable all.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Had to load in a backup onto a repaired BCM50 (Hard drive had crashed, 2nd one in as many months), opted not to load the CDR data back onto the system and amazingly the BCM50 now backs up in less than 2 minutes compared to 30 minutes with the CDR data.
Stopping the CDR agent in system services seems to be working as well.
My question is can I Putty into a BCM50 and delete the CDR data from the disk I can speed up the backups on our other systems?
The other option I suppose is to take a backup from all of our systems, default the systems and then squirt the backup back in minus the CDR data, making sure that the CDR agent is stopped.

Have you tried turning it off then on again!

For a BCM 50, I think you can only use a program such as Putty with the nnsupport account.

This is what I get below, on my test BCM 50 release 2. You need to contact Avaya by raising a case for the passcode for the day required.

login as: nnsupport
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Wed Jul 11 22:26:36 2012

Algorithm Version 2
Password:

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back