Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 power jack replacement 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

koulioumbis

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2009
GR
Hello team.
I have a BCM50 site where an electricity issue or thunder ( happened during a storm) fried the power connector and the all the plastic of the power jack melted.
Anyone tried to replace the power jack with an market available one or using from another BCM50 or expansion chassis?
thank YOU

Nikos

I have a BCM50 that was also struck by lightning and the connectors both badly damaged.
I have yet to tackle the repair.

Closet jack/male connector I have found for the mobo is this one.
It's 3 pins
One pin is smack in the middle
One is in the middle but only at the rear
One is on the side (right side), almost between the other two as far as front to rear, but its a tad closer to the rear.
The one I was looking at was the SWC brand.

Then for the power supply plug/female, little room to repair due to the ferrite being so close to the end.

I have NOT checked the sizes/specs or anything else yet.
I am also not a fan of the 90 degree angle type.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I purchased the parts from a local yocal (different models then above) and found the Plug/Female was for the newer power supplies where the cord is smaller in diameter, the restraint sleeve would not fit over the cable and the wire size was too big for the connector solder pins.

I agree, Solder Wick (Braid) is best for mobo jobs.
Some stripped stranded speaker wire can help too if your out of wick, just dip it into flux first.

This is the one I am going to fix.
It is an expansion cabinet, that was in a dentals office in a 5 story office building.

WARNING - PG 17 - Graphic

BCM50-Exp-Cab_dt930x.jpg
BCM50-PS-Plug_vgtfef.jpg

[clown]

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor