Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Patches and SRG

Status
Not open for further replies.

caversham4

Technical User
Apr 7, 2012
GB
Can anyone tell me where I can find the BCM 50 SU patches now, Avaya have now taken them down from the support website. I am specifically looking for a BCM50 Rls 3 SRG patch, I had to replace a hard drive on a failed unit and have had problems since, I know it was patched back in the day cos I done it many many moons ago but have replaced laptops and backup files since and have lost all BCM SU patches.
I am also pretty sure that this patch was a specific SRG patch and not a standard BCM50 Rks 3 patch, but I could be barking up the wrong tree
Thanks for any help..

What is the name of the specific patch?

List:

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

The problem with BCM SRG systems is that the system patch needs to contain the correct IP phone firmware so that it matches the ones on the parent CS1000 system.

The best thing might be to find out what firmware you need from the main system and then see if you can upload it directly onto the BCM.

There are some of us who know the process, but we can't really say on this forum as a higher level of access via SSH is needed.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Soooo...
After a bit more investigation and a site visit from myself to find out exactly whats going on instead of relying on other people versions of the story, it turns out that the Rls 3 has already has already been patched with the SU and is running at the same version of firmware on the phones as the CS1K. The problem is actually that when the SRG is is normal mode, the phone register correctly to the NRS and calls can be made between sites fine, however when the calls are try to route through the PRI circuit, both I/C and O/G calls get no transmission either way, but the call set up looks fine on monitor (IE PRI trunk 95 to IP Trunk 24). If the SRG is set to local mode the call set up is fine and calls can be made across the PRI circuit fine, but no site to site dialling. The customer is adamant that no changes have been made to his firewall etc.. can anyone shed any light on what port and protocol does this call set up require so I can check for port blocking or if anyone has any ideas where I should look further that would be great.

Thanks

Voice ports (UDP) on the BCM50 that need to be port forwarded for remote IP calls are 28000-28255 and 30000-30099. I don't know the port range for the CS1000. However, I wouldn't think these ports would need to be opened for site to site calls.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back