Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Outside Caller Hears Low Volume from Inside User

Status
Not open for further replies.

soloeagle

Technical User
Aug 19, 2005
US
Just recently installed a BCM50 with 10 digital T7316E sets and four CO lines connected to the 4 Analog Trunks embedded on the main BCM50 chassis.

The customer is stating that she has had six different outside callers complain that they can not hear the person they have called. That is, the outside caller is hearing low volume coming from the BCM50 user. The inside user can always hear the outside caller just fine.

We have a BCM50 demo unit here in the shop, and I have powered it up and have connected an RJ11 to the first analog trunk of the BCM50 coming off of an ATA from our inhouse BCM400. And sure enough when I call the ATA DN from the BCM400 extension, the prime set extension of the BCM50 does ring, I answer it and talk to myself from ear to ear, and sure enough the 'outside' to 'inside' conversation is loud and clear but the 'inside' to 'outside' conversation is of a much lower volume. I even switched ears because my left ear is a bit worse than my right ear but the trouble followed. So it is the BCM50 that is transmitting at a low volume from inside to out.

Is there anyway to increase the audible volume that the BCM50 transmits towards the outside caller of the speaking voice of the inside user?

Thanks,

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back