Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Opens CO DialTone Very Harshly

Status
Not open for further replies.

soloeagle

Technical User
Aug 19, 2005
US
I have installed two separate BCM50 units at different customer locations and both times the BCM50 when breaking dialtone does so in what sounds like a very harsh manner.

If you have a physical line 'appear' on a button, or if you have '9' grab a CO Line, does not matter, when you have the BCM50 open an analog line, what you hear is a chunk clank, static, then the dialtone.

[The first time was when the analog lines were being brought in on a GATM8 module in an expansion chassis. The second time the analog lines were going straight into the BCM50's mother chassis using the included 4 analog lines.]

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Anyone have any idea on how to make the BCM50 open the dialtone in what sounds like a much smoother and audibly pleasant way?

Thanks,

Marc

YES! Mine does this too - its horrible. This is why I was looking to change to digital BRI/PRI service... Sorry I don't know of a fix - still trying to fix my echo problem on my IP phones first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back