Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 networked together

Status
Not open for further replies.

corner40

Technical User
Nov 20, 2002
CA
I am going to be setting up a bcm50 in two different locations. They are going to be networked together via a vpn. What I would like to be able to do is this:

Location A and B are different cites

- a call comes into location A reception
- on ring three it rings location A reception and location B reception
- on rings rings 5 and 6 it rings all phones at both locations
- after the 6th ring it goes to the AA of the location the call originated in
- From the AA the caller will be prompted to press '1' for location A and press '2' for location B

this scenario also needs to work visa versa where if the call originated in Location B...

any help would be great

thanks
Jeremy

I'm thinking Hunt Groups, but its going to be real tricky.

-SD-

I don't think you can make phones ring on both sides simultaneously. You can make them ring on 1 side, then the other. BCM's also don't do delayed ringing all that well either.

Hunt groups for the delayed ringing for sure, but I don't think you'll be able to do both systems simultaneously. Never tried. About the only thing that I can think of that might do it is a well co-ordinated dial plan and MCDN on both sites.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I knew I was going to be using hunt groups but I was stuck on how to make it ring both locations at once and then also to get it to go to the originating AA. Once a hunt group is done it always goes to the General Mailbox, so I'm not sure how to get it to go to the AA...but really the more pressing problem is the simultaneous ringing
thanks again for the help
Jeremy

I wonder if it's possible to have a ringing answer DN for a phone that is at the remote site? Just grasping at straws.

I see where you're coming from Dasheen...like just a spare phone and use it to ring and other phones will be ringing answer DN for that phone...let me think on that...but that's the kind of thing I'm trying to get to...outside the box...there must be a way to "fudge" it...
thanks...you got me thinking in a different direction
Jeremy

I currently have a set at the remote site as an answer dn, because I can't make networking work yet. It has been just fine actually. I have a target line forwarded to the remote site and the prime set for that target line is itself. So I transfer a call to set in the building with the target line forwarded. It calls over to the site and the front desk gets the call. It chews up a line in the PRI, but I have way too many lines already so I don't care. Some day i will figure out the networking stuff and use my VOIP trunk lines. But for now, no one yells at me because the bandage is getting me by.

Shot in the dark....

Inbound call at site A on target line 400 (example) R&A on a Hunt group DN (2555)

Reception A has Answer DN 2555 R&A. After 3 rings, HG555 overflows to HG2556 (which has a "closet" set which is forwarded to an HG at site B as well as reception A). HG3566 R&A on reception B

HG2566 overflows to HG2577 after 2 rings to HG2558 which includes all sets at site A minus the first "closet" DN but includes a second "closet" DN which is forwarded to HG3557 on site B which includes all sets.

After 1 more ring, the AA at site A answers the call.

Really confusing, but it might work....don't have any available equipment to try it out on. If by some miracle it does work, the reverse would have to be done for site B.

Hopefully, someone here can take this and run with it or shoot it down entirely...good luck.

hey thanks guys...thanks magna
I'll play around with this at work on Monday and see how it goes...
Thanks
Jeremy

I don't think you can assign a Hunt Group DN as an Answer DN. How about the Private Networking features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back