Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 level 2 reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgibson

Technical User
Sep 25, 2003
US
I have a BCM50 3.0 that I had to do a level 2 reset. Problem is, it restored back to the 1.0 rls that it was on from the factory. Is there a way to lock in the 3.0 so if I have to do another level 2 reset, I will not have to upgrade it back to 3.0 from 1.0?

When you complete the upgrade from r1 to r3, you will see specific alarms indicating that you will need to load rls 3 image (or something like that)
I believe that if you are a Nortel partner, this can be downloaded from the Nortel website.

Some of the others guys on here should be able to verify that for you.

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

gberger, I looked at the link...so these are patches I can put on the 3.0 box that will make the factory default 3.0 rather than the 1.0 that it was originally?

When you upgrade to 3.0 you must download and install this or if you go to a level 2 reset it will go back to the previous software version...if you have already reset and back to 1.0 you will have to upgrade again, and, then install the Rel SG3.bbb

Yes, download the Factory image and apply it with element manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back