Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Keycode - Can I transfer to a replacement unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlhtech

Technical User
Oct 31, 2003
CA
We have a failed BCM50 and need to use our spare unit. This forces us to use a new system ID. Is there a way to use our existing keycode or do we have to purchase a new one? Are they still available?

Thanks,
Sean

You have a couple of choices. One is to try and find a reseller in Avaya or one of their distributers who can migrate your current BCM keycode from the failed unit onto the new unit.

The other choice is to do a search on line for people who know the BCM workings at an advanced level as they might well be other possibilities that you can try.

What was the nature of your fault?. The hard drive or the main unit?.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thanks for your response. The main unit has failed. We moved the existing hard drive to a spare unit.

If you do the migration change the proper way, then you need to find someone who still has Avaya KRS access as this have been taken away from most of us who used to have this access. We have use other workaround methods to overcome this problem.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I take it the spare does not have much for key codes?

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back