Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 IP sets won't reconnect after UPS shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

wderksen

Technical User
Jun 12, 2016
CA
Reference getting the system up and running in this thread: thread1361-1817965

I've had a pair of 2002 sets at another building connected via an Ethernet bridge working for just about two years. Our UPS shut down a couple of days ago, shutting down the BCM50, router, and the near side Ethernet bridge. After getting the UPS sorted, everything came back up ok (including the Ethernet connection to the other building), except the two IP sets. reboots on the BCM, router, and bridges did not help. I could not see any settings that might have changed to cause the problem.

Problem fixed. But since I had already started this thread, I figured I would post anyhow..

Just to try something different, I did a Restore from a backup earlier in the month, and the IP sets were able to "find the server" right away.

Not sure what might have changed during the power losses, but the Restore seems to have fixed it. YAY for backups!

The issue with the two IP sets were most likely to have nothing to do with the BCM 50 system.

It's easy to blame the phone system. Although your link to the other building was established, perhaps the data switch wasn't fully synchronised after the power outage.

I've had this issue before.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thanks for the comments Firebird. Interesting that you've seen this before.

I assume it was a communication blockage of some sort in either the router or the BCM. I rebooted each at least once with no success. I'm not sure why, but the Restore apparently joggled something enough that the BCM and the phone sets were able to find each other again.

It all works now, so I'm happy! :)

Cheers!
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back