Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Intercom Code Change.. Instructions needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean2606

Technical User
Sep 9, 2016
GB
Hello All,

I have scrolled through this forum but can not seem to find the answer hence my post (apologies if there is a similar post)

We currently use a BCM50 system with Avaya 1220 IP desktop handsets. Our main entrance has a BT intercom system which uses a 4 digit code to release the magnetic strip on the door or if the call button is pressed all the handsets in the office ring, If any on the handset is picked up we can talk to the person outside and then press the number '8' on our handsets to release the door.

We would like to change JUST the 4 digit code. Attached is a photo of our lines on BCM Element Manager showing the DN of the door as 214 (analog).

Would be grateful if someone could provide instructions on how to change the 4 digit entry code.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=45c6b851-97ff-49c3-85c9-11835b10c0ac&file=BCM50.JPG
Just double click on 214 and change it to whatever 3 digit number you want. Just make sure it doesn't conflict with anything else you have programmed.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to change the DN on the doorphone. The only thing it's usually used for is to dial an extension number or hunt group.

I think the 4 digit code is the door entry code to release the magnetic lock is what you are looking for

This is done on the door phone and not on the BCM50

Normally BT use a company called north supply to install there intercom door systems.
Check there web site for info.

It took me 2 minutes to find this on Google.and you can down load the manual.

Dial the extn number and when answered press *900 and wait for beep
Enter password 1234. Default.

Press *442 and enter new code.

But please check the manual first before doing this..

OK, reading that post again, it looks like the doorphone has a keypad on it where they can enter their 4 digit code to open the door. It also has call button that works similar to a Nortel BST doorphone where they use the digit 8 to open the door remotely.

If that's the case, the 4 digit code on the door phone keypad has nothing to do with the BCM directly.

Pantel is used by BT as well:

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Having been involved with BT many years ago and Norstar / BCM for a long time (too long!), I was also thinking it wasn't anything on the BCM as I couldn't find any notes on the door phone.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thank you all for your replies. It wasn't the DN that I need to change just the 4 digit entry code. We need to change it due to some unseen change in circumstances in the company.

Will try the option given by snowman50 to see if it works as the link by curlycord has the manual.

Thanks a lot guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back