Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 - Hunt Groups & Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

trmg

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2007
US
I have a hunt group assigned to a Target Line which receives calls via a PRI trunk. The HG works beautifully, however, I noticed that if a station is on a call and a call comes in via the HG, the incoming line name is displayed an not the Caller ID information for the new call. Hopefully I'm just missing something simple. Any ideas?

EDIT: To clarify, Caller ID information is displayed when a call comes in via the HG when the station is not active. It's only when the station is active that a call coming in via the HG does not display Caller ID information.

Are you talking about for the agent currently on the call or for the 2nd agent in the HG waiting to take a call?

Wonder how you are setup, appearance of the HG on the set or Ring Only via Intercom key?

I have never had to assign a target line direct to an HG so I cannot really be that helpful here.
I wonder if the same result if AA was to answer the direct line first then be directed to the HG.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

The agent that is currently on a call. It could be any call, internal or external. When a call comes in via the HG they simply get the line name and not the calling name/number. Other agents that are a member of the same HG and not on a call receive the calling name/number without issue.

For me that would be normal behaviour, the idea of a HG is because a person cannot field two calls at once and why other members are added to the group so perhaps there is no design for it.

The purpose of the HG is to send the 2nd call to the next person or persons and so on, not to the person already on a call.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I suppose, but if that were the case I would think it would skip the agent already on a call.

I can imagine situations where it would be useful. For instance, the HG in question here was set up for a single person with multiple sets. The idea being that calls for them will ring phones in different locations to which they can answer the phone most convenient at the time. So just like call waiting, they'd want to be able to identify when an additional call is coming in so they can decide how to handle it.

Perhaps there is a better way to set this up?

Depends on a lot like your setup with further details.

With the system being powerful I do not get the mutiple phones deal.

You can have one set be part of several groups or assign lines from each company to one set.
You can also overflow a HG to another HG.

Maybe describe that setup with more details.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

So the user has two phones. One at their office desk, and one on a workbench in the garage. They may be out in the garage, or they may be at their desk. The user floats between the two workspaces throughout the day. The idea is to set up a HG (or something) so that both phones ring when the user receives a call. If they happen to receive a second call while working in either workspace, receiving the calling name and/or number would be useful so they can decide if they need to either a) drop the current call and answer the new call, b) put the current call on hold and answer the new call, or c) ignore the new call all-together and let it go to voicemail.

Hopefully this makes sense.

I thought multiple sets on same desk, oops.

I would probably just assign the DID to "Ring Only" and have 2 Intercom keys at both sets since it appears to be a private line for one person.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

When a set is on a call and a call comes in via the HG, feature 811 does not bring up any calling info, unfortunately.

I just added the DNs directly to a Target Line (no HG) and I now remember why I went down the HG route. When the DNs are assigned to a target line, only one call will ring the sets. If a set that has a DN with voicemail is on a call, additional calls go straight to said voicemail. You do get an alert on the set that you "missed" a a call though. Do you know if it's possible to change this behavior?

1. Make sure Forward Busy is set to NONE....HG's ignore the Forward Busy and No Answer rules.
2. When you assign a Target go a step deeper and make sure to add 2 Appearances of the DID (in Element Manager: Sets/LineAccess/LineAssignment/ 3rd column over change 1 Appearance to 2)
3. Make sure 2 Intercom keys are assigned.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I have it set to "Ring Only" on all DNs with the Appearance set to 2. Two I/C keys are assigned to all sets. Forward Busy is only set on one of the two DNs. Is that where I'd need to make a change? If so, how do I send unanswered calls to voicemail?

1. Make sure Forward Busy is set to NONE

As for unanswered calls then use Forward No Answer, which is probably already programmed one would hope.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Ahh, right! I will give this a shot and report back.

Aha! So, here's my discovery!

Removing the forward on busy results in the 2nd call coming in without issue. However, no CID information appeared on the phone already in use. However, as soon as I bumped the number of appearances up to 2 for that Target Line assignment, CID info came across for that 2nd call! And after the set number of rings, the 2nd call will go to voicemail as expected.

Sorry, my wording in my last response was bad. Your instructions led to my discovery of it working. I definitely want to give credit where credit is due.

Thank you very much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back