Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Hotline Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

lm69739

Technical User
Feb 3, 2006
US
I have a customer with a BCM50. We installed a door phone as well. I try to program a hotline for the door phone to ring to a specific DN in the system and the programming will not stay. I have it set to internal and put in a DN (232) and when I go back in to look at the programming it changes it to a "direct dial set". I can't get it to stay with the DN. I have tried to program a hotline on other stations as a test, and they all do the same thing, changing it to a direct dial set. Any ideas?

The nortel doorphone is not supported on the 50. The way i generally set this up is with a viking door phone. just hook to a spare line position and assign that line to ring on any set.

I did install a viking door phone, but it will not allow me to program the hotline to an internal DN. It keeps changing it to "direct dial set" even after I program it for a DN.

what viking part number? I use the one that hooks to a line position rather than a analog port. When you go off hook the unit send ring voltage to the line port and it rings any set assiged to appear and ring.

I'm using a E-20A door phone and C-100B door controller hooked to an analog station on the BCM 50. We don't have any spare trunk ports to use on the system, just an analog station.

The only thig you should have to set is:Under the door phones extension,capabilities,Hotline:internal, Internal# is dn you want to ring.

Are you sure you have the proper extension numbers?

I'm not happy with the BCM50. It was promoted as a "Linux Based" system, which implied to me that the system would be "Open" i.e. available for technical users to modify and adjust as desired. In fact, even the CDR function is totally locked, so that it is impossible to get real-time CDR information into a database ... something that can be done easily even with primitive systems such as the Executone32. Come to think of it, the Executone was a lot more stable as well. I regret buying it.

edward1492,

Go rant somewhere else. If you have a question the post it to the community and we will try to help, if you want to go on a rant then call your sales rep and bitch them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back