Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 GATM8 EXPANSION MODULE NOT PROVIDING DIAL-TONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

datajockey123

Technical User
Aug 23, 2007
CA
Need assistance on a relocated BCM50 with two expansion modules. The configuration is as follows BCM50, EXP CAB GATM8, EXP CAB DSM32.
System boots up but does not offer dial-tone.
After boot sequence the system displays date, time and intercom capabilities are available.
When choosing a line all lines come up with "Not In Service" and there is no dial-tone.
Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.
Best regards, Datajockey123

I was away yesterday and could not respond to email....

Sounds like the GATM8 needs to be re-seated in its cabinet or an issue with the patch cord or the two cabinets are in the wrong ports (swapped).

In EM look at telco/resources/Exp X and look to see if it is listed as GATM8 and that it shows Enabled.

If Expansion 1 says GATM8 then patch cord should go to the 3rd port from the left on the main cabinet.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Hi Curly
Thanks for the quick response.
If I get another cabinet and another GATM8 unit (identical to the original) can I just simply replace the original GATM8 with the newer one that I have ordered in or do I need activation codes etc to make it work.
Let me know when you get a chance.
Datajockey123

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back