Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Forwarding to wrong voicemail box

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcm

Technical User
May 18, 2005
AU
The scenario:

Customer has all incomming calls forwarded to ext 205 and after 10 rings are meant to forward to the voicemail inbox on that extension (205), however they are being forwarded to the voicemail inbox attached to extension 200 instead.

Both 200 & 205 have voicemail configured. 201 does not have voicemail.
The Control Set for all ext's is set to 200.

Under Target lines all lines have Control Set & Prime Set as 200.
I removed 200 as Control Set & Prime Set from ext 201 & 205 under Active Sets & Target Lines.
I made test calls to ext 201 which is forwarded to ext 205 & get the General Delivery mailbox.

How do I configure so calls will forward to 205's voicemail when unanswered by ext 205.

BCM50 Version 2.0.2.05e

It sounds like your problem is that the phones are forwarded to ext. 205. When a call is forwarded then goes into vmail it will go into the mbox of the forwarded phone, not the phone it is forwarded to. When you call ext. 201 thats forwarded to 205 you get the gnrl mbox because there is no mbox 201.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back