Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 - Find Me/Follow Me Audio Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

trmg

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2007
US
I am trying to use the Find Me/Follow Me feature as follows:

Call comes in via an Analog Trunk. After 20 seconds of ringing the desk set(s), Find Me/Follow Me starts ringing a cell phone placing the call via a SIP trunk.

Things I've noticed:

1. When the call has not yet been answered and Find Me/Follow Me triggers and rings the cell phone, CLID information is not passed to the SIP trunk. However, when answering the call on the desk set, then using F960 to "Follow Me" to the cell phone, CLID information is passed as expected.

2. When a call comes in and it is first answered from the Find Me/Follow Me external destination, there is no audio. If F960 is used to "Follow Me" to the desk set, there is audio, and if F960 is used to "Follow Me" again back to the cell phone, audio is good.

3. In my testing, neither of the issues above happen when the call comes in via the SIP trunk. Only when the call comes in via an analog trunk.

The Caller ID issue isn't the end of the world, but if anyone has any tips/tricks on that I'm open.

The audio issue is a deal breaker though. I'm hoping y'all can shed some light on that one.

As always, thank you!!

CLID
IP Trunk Settings - Forward redirected OLI = Last Redirected

Volume
I have never uses FMFM on analog lines but would assume that is like creating a conference call on an analog line were there is volume loss.
Hopefully somebody will chime in on that one.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I've been playing with this and playing with this and cannot figure out why, when a call comes in via an analog trunk, that there is no audio when first answered from the FMFM device. It's weird that bouncing it back and forth via F960 recovers audio.

At any rate, I found a workaround that seems to be pretty solid. Instead of having the BCM place the call via SIP directly, I pass the call to an Asterisk box connected to it via PRI (well, it goes BCM <--[T1]--> Cisco 2851 <--[T1]--> Asterisk), then have the Asterisk place the call via the desired SIP trunk.

Not ideal as it adds additional devices to the mix, BUT, it *does* work. So I may just leave it as is and not worry about it.

Setting IP Trunk Settings - Forward redirected OLI = Last Redirected did not resolve the initial CLID issue. However, what I did on the Asterisk box is added an if statement to the dialplan I created for the FMFM feature that if the CLID number is null set it to 555-555-5555. This way at least the user knows that the call is coming from FMFM and isn't just an "Unknown" call. Marginally better, but I think it may be livable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back