Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 - Extension centrex transfer to external number

Status
Not open for further replies.

gozoliet

Technical User
Feb 11, 2010
Hi,

I have a remote employee who we are constantly forwarding calls to. I would have liked to setup an extension for this employee so that when the AA picks up, people can dial his extension and it will centrex transfer to his external number.

A few things I've tried:
- Setting up route/ destination code - I can set an actual phone to transfer and it will do trunk-to-trunk transfer - this is probably closest I get except for T-to-T, and I need a phone sitting somewhere doing nothing but this.
- Setup an option in the AA to do the external transfer, but then his option (< 10) wouldn't match extensions (200+)

Anything better?

In your AA - program a path as external transfer to his/she home number or cellphone. "For FRED press '4'

If the telco lines are equipped for Link transfer, you can program the external transfer with:
#D555-123-4567

This will link the caller and complete the transfer via the facilities of the Central Office of the TELCO, freeing up the line for other callers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back