Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50,Connection Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlanteltek

Technical User
Apr 16, 2007
US
The customer has an existing BCM50 2.0. They downloaded several patches a few weeks ago. Since then they have been unable to access the system via element manager. We have tried connecting thru all ports OAM, LAN1, LAN2, and LAN3. The error we are receiving is. "Error: the device component is restarting. please wait 5 mins. and try again." Of course we followed the instructions several times, same error each time. Any feed back is appreciated.

Can they remove these patches?

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

They are unable to interface with it to do so. I told the tech to try going in thru telset programming as he has been able to do prior to installing patches. He can not get in that way as well. It's giving him denied in admin.
Do you think maybe element manager version 2.0.5e will make a difference? he is using 2.0 i'm sure it's not 5e.

I believe one of the patches included a new version of Element Manager. They should be using this new version. It can be downloaded off the BCM internal Website.

We access the BCM main page using the default UserID and password, then click on Administrator Applications. When we do this, it prompts us for the UserID and password again. when we enter the default, it does not take it. no error message, just doesn't take it.

Have him download Element Manager from that BCM and try to get in then.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

D, this was may initial try, we just can't get past the 2nd prompt for our userid and password. Again, we log into the main page fine using the default, when we click on admin applications, it prompts us again for the userid and password, but doesn't take the default. I'm telling you this thing has lost it's mind man!!!

That link aboce is for BCM 200/400. Actually had to get Nortel Support Level 2 to fix it.. Some RPM Module needed to be installed and ran. Once that was done it fixed the problem, Nortel is still investigating as they don't know why it's causing it.

But back to your problem. I would recommend a level 2 reset, this would place the BCM50 back to factory defaults, patch it back and restore, or reprogram from scratch after patches. Make sure when you run patches, you let the BCM reboot on it's own and don't power down until you can get access. Service Update 3 (for BCM50 rls 1.0) was recalled by Nortel after only two hours on their support site for this exact problem.

Just my 2 cents... Good luck....

D and DBrew, thanks for your time. It looks like back to the beginning on this one. Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back