Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Configurations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houdini9881

Technical User
Jun 15, 2020
US
I have several BCM50 units that I am trying to verify the configurations on and I am having a blast trying to get into them. I have gotten to welcome to BCM50 but when I try and launch Element Manager, it states use Application Launcher. I have no clue what that is but when I put this info in a browser (192.168.1.2/apps/public/EM-62.0.3.zip) and it states the following "Not Found

The requested URL /apps/public/EM-62.0.3.zip was not found on this server." if I remove everything but the IP address, I get to the BCM welcome screen but then it ask me for the Application Launcher when I try and go into Element Manager.
Is there an easier way to tell what the configurations are on these things?
Any help is greatly appreciate!
thx

Hi H
In future please post in the BCM forum here:
Screw that process...
Try this from my site here
It will install the files to C:/Users/yourhandle/.bcm

Check this FAQ out from the BCM forum here

BEM:
-You need to have Java installed - I have just posted an issue in the BCM forum about SE Java build 1.8.0_401
so you may want to keep what you have or download from Oracles Archive.
-You need to modify the security file per the FAQ link above removing references for MD5 (2 of them) MD5withRSA and TLSv1, TLSv1.1
-You need to create/install your own shortcut for BEM, again the FAQ link above.

Web Browser
-Firefox or Waterfox
--Go to about:config
--Search TLS
--- security.tls.version.enable-deprecated <--- Change this from False to True and restart browser

Cheers
c

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks! I was able to get into it last night by downloading Element Manager from the Internet. I could not get into it trying to download from BCM with Java 8 freshly installed. I kept getting file not Found era.
Thanks for all the help though

You likely could not download EM from the BCM50 using that link because you have an older release BCM50. Version 62.0.3 is only available from an R6.

I'm assuming you found the doc I wrote listing the direct download links from an R6, but in case you found the link somewhere else ...

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back