Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 - Client Wants to dial 0 in users mailbox, call other extension, and end up in that mbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tele-tech

Technical User
Apr 21, 2021
CA
Hey there HiveMind,

I have a client who does not want to hear "The Operator is not available" from Silicone Sally. The expected operation is that I call into their main number, which rings twice before going to AA. I then enter an extension number, lets say 250. 250 rings, but they've gone for lunch. I now enter their mailbox, and dial 0, which goes to the operator at x221. This rings four times, before you hear "The operator is not available" before going back to x250's mailbox. The client doesn't want to hear the part about the operator, and wants to call to go end in x221's mailbox.

The fun part is, I can get this to work on internal calls, but cannot get it to work on external calls. The Attendant extension for x250 is set to Operator (Have tried this with x221 manually as well),and x221 is set as the Operator in programming.

Am I missing something somewhere in programming where this works on intercom but not external calls?

Thanks

Please post the exact settings on ALL of these:

F983/AA/Table/1/ATDT: ???
F983/6 General Mailbox enabled: ?
F983/Mailbox/CHG/100 Ext: ?
F983/Mailbox/CHG/221 Ext: ?

F982/Attendant Available: ?
F982/Attendant DN: ???

F981 MB250/Target Atdt(8/5): ?

Terms&Sets/XXX/Forward No Answer DN for the sets (250 & 221): ???
Terms&Sets/XXX/Forward No Answer Ring Count for the sets (250 & 221): ?

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Hey Curly,

Ended up finding a solution - Feature Settings, Transfer Callback was set to Y, needed to set to N.

Then, after all that, the customer wanted it set back to what it was lol

Thanks for the reply though!

There is also a Transfer Callback Ring count too if it helps next time out.

I had tried all scenarios on my BCM and could not duplicated it, but my Transfer callback is set to a higher ring count then the FNA rings count which is normal programming with mailboxes.

There is also the trick of not using FNA to vmail under each set , instead use DRT with a ring count of 4 or so and assign the voicemails DN as the prime set under all the needed lines.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Most do not know her name and go only by what they heard her referenced as, no harm intended I'm sure.

Bionic Betty and Nortel Nancy were a couple others but Meridian Mary was her official nick name for the telecom world.

She was also the voice on the elevators.
What do they call her? maybe "Elevator Evelyn"?

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back