Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 - CLID lost /w External Call Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

trmg

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2007
US
I have a target line that I'd like to forward to an external number (a cell phone) if it's unanswered after X rings. I was able to accomplish this with a CCR Transfer Node in CallPilot and the appropriate route to send the call back out the PRI. The only snag is that CLID information seems to get lost with the transfer. When the cell rings, the call is unknown. I can do this with Asterisk and the same provider no problem. I'm just curious if there is a setting somewhere I may be missing that I need to tweak to have it send the CLID information when using a CCR Transfer Node?

In watching Q.931 debug, the calling party number and display (calling party's name) don't appear to be sent.

This is how I see it:

Call Forward set to external #
-Inbound call is forwarded to external # right away without ringing set - Original CLID will forward

AA Transfer to external #
-Inbound call is answered by AA, AA then transfers call - AA's CLID will forward

To test this theory try entering a name and/or # in the OLI for Callpilots DN.

We know this is controllable using SIP.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back