Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 Call Pilot 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FastBusy4657

Programmer
Apr 29, 2008
US
I have a customer who told me that when her mailbox is full that messages left for her go into the General Delivery mailbox. Is that possible? Is that how the system is supposed to work? If so when you delete message out of your mailbox do the message in the GD mailbox move into your mailbox?

Have you tested it? Can you re-create the problem? Is it possible that she didn't initialize her mailbox?

If her mailbox is full, the caller will get a message that her mailbox is full....not General Delivery Box.

I would suggest you problem is not related to the mailbox being full. Callpilot has a never full mailbox feature which work on the premise that a caller will always be able to leave a message even if the mailbox is full, however these messages cannot be accessed by the user until older messages have been deleted and the mailbox is back within its quota.

Okay so what she is telling me is making sense now. Once she read and deleted some messages she then had additional messages that were not available before. They don't necessarily go into the GD mailbox they just aren't able to be accessed until space has been created?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back