Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 access through BEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwulf1092

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2006
US
ENVIRONMENT: I have an older Nortel BCM 50 system that I am trying to set up for a client, that I am migrating from a MICS system.
I am having trouble accessing the BCM remotely.
I have a Win 7 PC that I recently reinstalled the OS, it is onsite at the customers premise, where the BCM is, same network. I choose the Win 7 OS to try and minimize problems connecting.
I have full remote access to the Win 7 machine, using my own remote access software.
I installed Business Element Manager 60.3.0, which is an older version that I have onhand.

PROBLEM: BEM will not connect to the BCM. it errors out staring "Exception occured when trying to connect. Detector "BCMDetector" cannot determine the device type for 192.168.1.253 (This is the IP address of the BCM, and I can connect to it's webpage through that address).
I followed this thread: And I tried to DL the current version of BEM to the win 7 PC, but I can’t figure out how to use what I downloaded, as I don’t see an installer application.

RESOLUTION DESIRED: I would like to get the BEM to talk to the BCM and be able to begin programming the BCM.

I then want to program the BCM to match the MICS, so that once I move the amphenols over, everything just works.

I am supposed to be converting the client last week, so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
JW

Hi JW, I thought I had already had replied to your email early this morning, I found it was still open in a tab so I just sent it now asking you a bunch of questions before we dial in to fix.

Thanks

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks Curly, Ill talk to ya in the email!
JW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back