Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 3.0 question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpzan

Technical User
May 14, 2016
US
Hello, got a customer with a BCM50 3.0 at their home office and a BCM50 6.0 at a remote office.

The two systems are networked together with H323 trunks and have been communicating nicely for several years.

The remote office has no public trunks and dials 9 to make outside calls using the home office PRI trunks.

There's also a few extensions at the remote office that have DIDs routed to them over the voip trunks from the home office.

Question:
The employees at the home office would like to be able to call into the auto attendant while away from the office and dial through to extensions at the remote office but when they try to do this, the voicemail lady says "you have entered an invalid extension".
Is it possible to dial through to a remote extension from the auto attendant on a BCM50 3.0?
Remote access package 01 is set up in the home office system to allow tandem trunking.

It sounds as if the "you have entered an invalid extension" message is because the wrong Call Pilot voicemail system is accessed.

Using the BCM Monitor tool on each system should show where it'd being answered.

Having read your query again, you might want to check the public receive digits are set correctly. You might need to assign another target line to each remote extension and in the private and perhaps the public tabs the full eouting path such as an access code and extension number for each user.

I would concentrate on one extension first to get it working before doing the rest.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Yes on the branch/remote side I think you need to setup a Target line then have the branch's AA answer that line.

An example from memory...

Head Office:
-Dest code 711 use Route 711
-Route 711 dial the Target number of branch side "250"

Branch Office:
-Target Line 250 setup with received digits of 250
-AA answer line 250

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks for the input gentlemen. I'll try your suggestions and post back.

Can't seem to make this work.

Here's a little more info - the head office has extensions beginning with 2221. The branch office has extensions beginning with 3221.
20 T7316e sets at the head office and 8 T7316e sets at the branch office.

All the phones at the head office can reach all the phones at the branch office with 4 digit dialing. All the phones at the branch office can reach the all the phones at the head office with 4 digit dialing.

I've programmed a target line in the branch office BCM with rec'd digits 3250 that's answered by the branch office CallPilot on the first ring. I can dial 3250 from a T7316e at the head office and the branch office CallPilot answers immediately. But if I dial 3250 during the head office AA greeting, I still get the "invalid extension" prompt. The head office CallPilot doesn't recognize that 3.

I've opened BCM Monitor on both systems and can see my call never leaves the head office BCM.

Any additional suggestions would be very welcome.

"my call never leaves the head office BCM."

Did you setup a dest code per above?
So when you dial into head office and get AA you then dial 711 to get Branch Office AA

Been a while since I played with this, not sure if MCDN keycode is required for this.
If I had to use CCR I might then point 7 to External Transfer and dial 711.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thank you sir.

I set up new destination code 4 to use route 004 and set route 004 to use voip trunks and dialout 3250. I can press 4 from any T7316e at the head office and be answered by the branch office AA on the first ring. When I press 4 from the head office AA greeting I still get the invalid extension prompt though.

External transfer sounds like the way to go. I'm going to try that today or tomorrow then post back. Thanks again.

Okay, I've set up the digit 3 in the head office CCR to perform an external transfer to the branch office AA via the ip trunks. Now the head office employees can call into the head office AA, press 3 then dial the desired branch office extension. This is a good solution and the customer is satisfied.

Many thanks again curlycord for the tip about using external transfer. It made me "think outside the box".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back