Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50 2.0 - Voicemail Delay Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

YnotPhone

Programmer
Jan 16, 2006
CA
Good day my BCM Guru's...

Having a slight issue at a customer site, BCM50 ver2.0:
1 or 2 voicemails have been receiving their voicemail(s) at a delayed rate after a new message has been input. Both internal and external messaging issues have been stated via customer.
(Haven't been able to duplicate issue)
The new message is delayed anywhere between 30 min to 2 hours.

I have done pretty well everything that I can think of...
-patched to current SW loads -changed sets -rebuilt individual voicemails -recreated extensions and swapped DNs -changed pair in existing cabling to office (old 3 pair to office) -changed ports on system -thinking it might be user error, taught customer to use other buttons rather than softkeys (thinking of bounce issue), customer is using M7310 and T7316e sets.

I am running out of thoughts, and coming here for help.
Anything will help.

Thank you all.

Could this possibly be caused by bad wiring to the office?
I know that when I changed the cable pair in the office, the signal that I received in the BCM switch was not the best, the signal sounded metallic.

I know that when the there is a new message, the voicemail port sends one signal to display new MSG -or- turn on the MSG Waiting Indicator.
If there is only one signal sent, even if the signal never reaches the set, the voicemail doesn't care... possibly there is no delay in the message itself, but the MWI lamp never turns on?

Hence, the customer believes that there is a delay in the voicemail... because there is no indicator stating a new message. Thus, the customer never checks their mail.

What do you guys think?

I will switch the customer to an IP i2004 set to test this hypothesis of a wiring issue.
The network wiring is newer than the phones cat3 cable in the office... since nothing that I have done at the moment made any changes or difference.

I will keep anyone up to date if anyone is curious.

Would appreciate any feedback if anyone has encountered this issue and found a solution.

Thank you.

Are you running the latest patches? If not you should update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back