Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM459 CEC card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowman50

Technical User
Nov 17, 2007
GB
Has anyone installed a CEC on bcm450 yet.

The reason i am asking is i have already installed a 450 with 3 32+ mbms and 1 PRI dtm card .
so all bays are full.
I have to install another 32+ mbm so i need an Expansion Cabinet.
I think i am getting a CEC card and expansion cabinet.

Question:
What effect does the CEC have on the system.
Does it add more target line ports or extn ports.
Will it change any settings on the main unit as i am using 3 digit extn numbers.
Will it force me into 4 digit numbers.

From what i have read i assume it only increases resources to allow for expansion of lines and extn capacity,

I have not installed on yet, but I understand that the BCM450 base unit will only allow up to 100 extns. With the CEC you will be able to take this higher.

Ensure you are also supplied the authorisation code for the expansion chassis

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

Yes you will need a CEC if you are going over 100 ext. The CEC daughter card carries four DSPs and delivers DSP processing power incremental to the three DSPs provided on the BFT. so from 100 to 300 ext you will need one CEC, fitted in the right hand module slot only.

Thanks for your replys.

My main concern is after installling a CEC will it alter my extn numbering in any way and does it give you more target lines as the default setting is 361 to 680 target lines.

It will not effect your numbering, i have just tested it in my lab. Also it will not give you more TL.

Thanks for that info..

Customer insisted on 3 digits...at least thats safe

pity there is no more target lines.

ENJOY CHRISTMAS.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO SAID THAT.

WHATS THAT GOT TO DO WITH BCM'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back