Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 r6, RCC on Windows 7 not installing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldestgeek

Technical User
Oct 23, 2008
US
I tried three times to load RCC onto a new Windows 7 PC and each time it failed. The installation completes but the verification utility reports that the report server is not running, and to click here to repair. When I click it asks for the BCM info, and after I input and continue, the final step passes but refreshing the utility reveals that the report server still failed to install correctly. When I open IIS Management Console I see that the ReportServer$RCCSQLEXPR folder is missing from the default web page.

The RCC was downloaded from the BCM450 with the latest patches installed. I also deleted Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 and allowed RCC to install the supported version. I have followed the Task Based Guide for setting up the IIS options. Anyone ran into this?

OK, replaced the .Net Framework with 2.0 and now have a clean RCC install. Issue now is that when I launch RCC I get the message that the application is blocked by the security settings. The CCRS application will allow me to change any of the setup fields except the password. When I try to enter that, I again get the message that the application is blocked by security settings.

I'm not sure if it's the same issue, but there was extra Security applied to Windows 7 in the folder "Program Files" as it stops you from modifying a files, even though you had no problems on XP etc. I had this on other programs that created log files etc.

I played with the security settings against some of the folders and made sure that any accounts I used had been granted full access to files and folders etc. I even added in "Everyone" with full control to try and get over the problem.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Check the java security settings.
The new 7.25 upwards versions. Will block this

Yes, it was the next gen features on Java.
Then I had another issue. Some reports would print while others would not because even though it passed the verification utility, when I tried to print historical reports it told me the reporting service was stopped. I tried to start it and got a logon failure. I went through Avaya's 24 step symmetrical key reset procedure (twice) and now all is good. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back