Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 R6 IPTrunk to BCM50 R6..... How to drop local IPT calls answered by remote location

Status
Not open for further replies.

sroggero

Technical User
Sep 2, 2007
CA
Current Setup is;

Site A > BCM450 with 4 IP Trunks
Site B > BCM50 with 4 IP Trunks

The problem is that all calls for Site B are being answered by the receptionist on site A(450), almost all of these calls are being returned to Site B, so it means that one call takes a total of 4 IP trunks (2 from A and 2 from B) when the call transfer is complete and online.

Here is the scenario;
Incoming Call on line (1) Site B > [highlight #CC0000]Site B 1XIPT[/highlight] > [highlight #729FCF]Site A 1XIPT[/highlight] pickup call > [highlight #729FCF]Site A 1XIPT[/highlight] return call > [highlight #CC0000]Site B 1XIPT[/highlight] Answer Call....

Is there a way to return calls to its original location and drop the IPT, since the call are being return to Site B they shoud stay local.

It causes lot of problems since after 2 calls on site B... all IPT gets busy... and voice quality is not so good

Do I need to setup QSIG or MCDN… or is there someting wrong in our programming, routes, TRO&TAT settings

Please help…

It doesn't work, I bought two MCDN licences, it just cost me over 1600$, One for the 50 and one for the 450. I did configure MCDN in the routes parameters and on the IP Trunk (H323).

Should I used SIP instead H323

I opened up a case with Avaya but they want me to pay a service contract for that customer ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back