Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400

Status
Not open for further replies.

RossV

Technical User
May 22, 2006
US
I have a BCM400 that has virtual trunks back to a CSE1000 and a local PRI to the PSTN. (the PRI is connected to the BCM) Whenever the virtual trunks drop the office gets a message on the display, when dialing out, saying "Network Unavailable". This message is given to callers regardless of whether they're trying to dial out over the virtuals or the PSTN. I can see that there are active PSTN calls that aren't interrrupted so I should be able to go out on dial 9 calls but they won't go out PSTN even though the PRI is still up. When the PSTN goes down the display says No Lines or something like that. Why does the disruption to the virtuals affect access to the PSTN?

You may want to check your overflow routing setup. It sounds like it isn't functioning properly. I can't definitely say that is the case; only that it sounds like what is happening.

You have your outgoing route to your virtual trks and then a normal mode route as overflow with the overflow routing service turned on. If you need more assistance with this, please refer to your programming operations guide, which will explain it.

We route by the leading digit. There isn't an access code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back