Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 with 8 port Analog Station Media Bay Module Fax problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbatter

Technical User
Aug 10, 2006
US
We just converted our BCM to a PRI, off of a GATM8. We did have two dedicated analog fax lines, but are now running them throught the BCM on the Analog Station Media Bay Module.

The RCF's from our old fax lines just ported, so we switched the jacks over to the BCM analog ports. Now the fax lines will ring as fax lines, but they do not answer at all.

Nothing has been changed on the fax machines, which were working right before the switch. This leads me to believe that our installer did not configure the BCM correctly.

Any ideas on configuration settings that I could check to get the fax machines to answer? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Have you hooked up an analog phone to the fax jack? Do you have dial tone? can you call your cell phone and verify the phone number and if you call the number directly does the analog phone answer?

And of course the obvious, is the phone line pluged into the line in on the fax machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back